What do you know about conditionals?
Is a Word that have a consequense about something or an specific condition in order to complete one action.
What would you like to know about conditionals?
In what type of context can I used that
a. What is a conditional?
two part sentences, the first part beginnig with If, There are 4 manners of Conditionals.
b. When do we use a conditional?
English learners should study conditional forms to speak about past, present and future situations that depend on other events happening
c. How many types of conditionals are there?
Conditional Zero: If + present simple …. Present simple
Conditional 1:
If + present simple …. Future simple (will
do)
Conditional 2:
If + past simple …. Would do
Conditional 3:
If + past perfect … would have done
Type of Conditional
|
Description
When do we use it?
|
Structure
|
Examples
(with different possible
structures)
| |
If Clause
|
Consequence Clause
| |||
Zero
|
When it is logic and true
that the situation will happen.
|
If + Present
simple.
|
Present
Simple
|
If
you freeze water, it becomes ice.
Plants die if
they don't get enough water.
|
First
_
|
When the situation is a possibity
|
If +will
|
Present simple
|
If I have time, I'll visit my parents this afternoon.
|
Second
_
|
If + Simple past
|
Would + complement
|
If I had won the lottery, I would have traveled around the world
| |
Third
_
|
If had +Past. partici.
|
Would + have + pp.
|
Jineth had been free yesterday I would
have invited her
| |

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario